Current Vehicles

1967 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
2004 Toyota 4Runner Sport 4x4

Saturday, October 8, 2011

First run!

I took it for its first drive in 2 years this week and then to our annual club picnic at Disney, OK. Its not really ready to wheel yet, but I did a little anyway.

Here's my to do list currently:

1. electric fan. It didn't overheat today, but it ran a little hot for my taste.

2. rear suspension. I haven't touched the rear suspension since I've had the cruiser. The lower shock mounts are way too high. I have stock length FJ40 shocks on there right now! I'll go with bilsteins like what I have on the front. I'm thinking I'll run the 255/70 valving in the rear also. Any opinions?

3. antiwrap bar. I haven't noticed spring wrap, but don't want to find out the hard way.

4. fix a leaky valve cover

5. finish the sliders (one is now bolted up)

6. build a rear bumper with tire carrier.

7. build inner fenders for tube fenders

8. mount the kiddo's car seat to the floor behind front seat. Is this legal or does it have to be mounted to a seat?

No comments: