Current Vehicles

1967 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
2004 Toyota 4Runner Sport 4x4

Sunday, July 31, 2011

paint progress!

I finally got some time and motivation to paint and get this cruiser back on the road.  Now comes the fun part--putting it back together!   

Check out the freshly powered coated parts and the custom 5 speed shift instruction plate.
Never mind the flash on this pic--it makes the color look white.  

This picture shows the color the best.

The paint job is decent, but not professional quality.  I plan to touch up a few areas later, but I really want to get back on the road.  Its been down too long.

Two things to remember:
1.  When painting, pay very close attention to where your air hose is.  I let mine get into the paint in one spot on the hood.
2.  Take your time when masking and taping.  I'm going to be touching up a few black areas in the interior that got some overspray.

No comments: