Current Vehicles

1967 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
2004 Toyota 4Runner Sport 4x4

Monday, July 18, 2011

new ride - 2004 CTS-V

I sold my F150 and turbo Miata and picked up a 2004 CTS-V with 73k miles.
400 hp LS6, 6 speed, what's not to like? As you can see in the pic, my
first change to it was Z06 fuel rail covers. The car has a Z06 LS6 Corvette motor, so why not the fuel rail covers? It's a pretty easy mod
that really improves the engine bay compared to the awful Cadillac
engine cover (aka trash can lid).

The covers won't fit without some trimming, so here's a couple notes if you are thinking of doing this mod to your CTS-V:

1. Use a scroll saw with a high TPI blade. I tried using a hacksaw, a torch to heat up a knife, etc. The scroll saw worked the best. The edge is easily cleaned up with a file.

2. Don't try to trim it all at once. I probably went through 10 or 15 iterations of cutting and fitting to get a good fit. I held the cover in place and used a Sharpie to mark where to cut to allow it to fit properly. There are several areas that need to be trimmed.

No comments: