Current Vehicles

1967 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
2004 Toyota 4Runner Sport 4x4

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

EZ Wiring Harness Install

I'm realizing that I should have installed both harnesses at the same time and not tried to get the engine running.  After studying the EZ wiring harness instructions I realized that I've already ran some of the same wires (to get the engine running).  I'm going to have to go through the harness and replace several wires that I added to the engine harness (starter, ignition hot, etc).  I want to use the wires in the EZ wiring harness because they are 1) labeled, 2) higher quality, and 3) sized and fused correctly.

This is absolutely the only place that I could mount the fuse box.  There really isn't a lot of room under the dash of a FJ40. 

I think I'm going to run the rear section of the harness through the same firewall hole as the front section, then down and along the frame rail.


5 comments:

THE SMART PEOPLE said...

i have a 72 fj40 and i have just started wiring. actually i 've just removed the old wires and have yet to install fuse panel. I'm totally brand new to wiring. I just wanted to know how your doing it because your pics are great and they have helped me so far.

-bryan
blaqbrucelee@gmail.com

Senor Aguas said...

It really wasn't too bad, but my switches are a little different being a '67. After all the research I put into it for little gain, I'd say just start hooking up wires according to the wiring harness's instructions and try it out (fire extinguisher near by). My lights are the only thing that I have left to fix. It shouldn't be hard, I just haven't had the time. Good luck and thanks for posting. I'm getting lots of hits on here, but very little posting!

THE SMART PEOPLE said...

what size screw did you use to mount the fuse panel?

Senor Aguas said...

I actually used an existing threaded hole and then drilled one more and used a small machine screw and nut.

THE SMART PEOPLE said...

thanks a bunch for the help. Forgive me if i bug the hell out of you in the future..i may ask you a bunch of dumb questions in the not to distance future.