Current Vehicles

1967 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
2004 Toyota 4Runner Sport 4x4

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sold the Miata. Next car?

Well, I sold the Miata. I had some plans for the car, but in the back of my mind, I always knew I might not keep it very long. Part of why I bought it was because I knew I could get my money back out. I put about 6k miles on it in about 10 months and sold it for what I paid for it. I did spend a couple hundred on maintenance and bought new tires, but that's it. That's the price of the 6,000 miles I suppose. Why did I sell it? I'm thinking about changing careers and because of the cost of school or reduced income, needed to reduce the number of cars I have.

I still want a fun car, but really, it needs to be 4 doors and it needs to replace my truck (2004 F150 Supercrew). The truck is paid off and I don't want to be taking on any more debt, so my options are limited, i.e., I can't get that BMW 335 that I want so bad...

I've narrowed it down to these cars:

1. Mazdaspeed6 (turbo, AWD)
2. BMW M3 (E36) Sedan
3. Subaru WRX (maybe Sti)
4. Lexus IS300 (its hard to find 5 speeds in these cars)

I'm leaning towards Mazdaspeed6 at the moment (newer than M3 and mods are much more effective on turbo cars). I keep thinking I'm leaving an obvious car off my list...

No comments: