Current Vehicles

1967 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
2004 Toyota 4Runner Sport 4x4

Saturday, April 16, 2011

I shouldn't have gotten out of bed today

While this picture may not look bad, it is. Last week, I had my hood, bib, bezel and a few other parts sandblasted. Today I primered them in epoxy and screwed up almost every way possible:

1. I didn't flush the oil out of the new gun before I filled it with paint and started painting.

2. I didn't mix the epoxy primer before I poured it into the mixing cup to add the catalyst. it was thick like peanut butter at the bottom of the epoxy can.

3. I used mineral spirits to wipe things down. epoxy doesn't like mineral spirits.

4. I continued to spray all my pieces when I knew it had the texture of bed liner thinking it would "level out".

I'm pretty sure I need to take all these parts back to the blaster. This stuff doesn't sand well from what I've read. And even if I could sand it smooth, I'm afraid it won't stick.

I hate the learning process.

No comments: